Whether you have found it in the attic or in a vintage market, the chair of your dreams will certainly need a new look. Discover with us how to reseal it.
- Wrapping paper
- Batting by the meter
- Mattress needle
- Staple Gun
How you do it
- Choose the fabric: if you plan to use the chair every day, you need one for upholstery that thanks to the dense textures will resist wear well.
- With a screwdriver, remove the old cover without tearing the fabric, which you will need to create the pattern.
- He photographs the disassembly step by step, specifying with a number which part of the chair belongs to each piece, so final reassembly will be easier.
- Pin the paper patterns to the fabric and trace the outline with chalk. Cut and number each piece.
- If the straw padding is damaged, remove it, clean the bottom with a vacuum cleaner and replace it.
- Smooth and repaint the chair legs if necessary.
- Create the padding in synthetic wadding to be fixed to the structure with nails.
- Proceeding in reverse with respect to the unstitching, fix each piece of fabric with the spreader, stretching the fabric well.
- Cover the back by sewing the fabric by hand with hidden stitches, with the curved needle.
- Reposition the fabric on the bottom of the seat and fix it to the base with staples.