In the panorama of interior design, there are many examples of great designers who have made some pieces of furniture unique. A special case is the CH20 chair by Hans Jørgensen Wegner: with its simple lines and its lightness in a single resource it has conquered the world of furnishing.
It is worth emphasizing the success that this chair has had on an international level: in fact, it is very likely that you have used it without being aware of its value. There is no doubt that we are talking about an artistic piece that, in this case, is characterized by being an original element.
The presence of CH20 chair by Hans Jørgensen Wegner it is certainly not common in private homes. The tendency is to choose functional chairs, but this specimen does not fall within the norm and offers a different aesthetic from the one commonly marketed. In this sense, we can say that it is a singular and completely innovative component.
Who is Hans J. Wegner?
Hans J. Wegner was born in Tønder (Denmark). Professional carpenter, he graduated from the Art & Carfts School of Copenhagen. From a young age he showed great interest in the world of interior design and started to create completely innovative projects and creations.
His designs can be included within the Scandinavian style by offering a completely original aesthetic through wood. Hans J. Wegner amply demonstrates the great mastery he has of this material and what is the real formula for achieving the search for perfection.
His compositions, in which the line dominates, are a clear example of avant-garde and delicacy. You have to look at your furniture carefully to see how simplified modernity is reflected directly in a chair. Let’s see the CH20 chair by Hans Jørgensen Wegner together.
In his designs the union between art, craftsmanship and carpentry is exemplified.
5 key features of the CH20 chair
If we were to define this chair in two words, they would be linearity and lightness. Both concepts are represented in the design of this chair and, in turn, are configured as a resource that attracts its own composition. Let’s look at some of the features of the CH20 chair:
- The first thing that comes to mind as soon as we see it is the idea of lightness. His aesthetic shows the stylization, from the legs to the backrest. It is an open format, which tries to open spaces.
- It features the padded back in imitation leather for maximum comfort. However, we must keep in mind that the chair itself is not intended for continuous long-term use, but rather for a functional purpose and, above all, to mark a more minimalist environment.
- Hans J. Wegner tried to soften the lines, showing fragility without losing strength. There are no sharp corners too pronounced; rather, the chair has the purpose of polishing the surface and be defined in a simple and refined way.
- Curved lines dominate, showing a more dynamic and agile appearance. This feature provides a pleasant aesthetic and certainly beautifies the space in which it is located.
- THEThe material in which the CH20 chair is made is the ash of a light shade, although it can also be found in walnut. This makes the chair more natural, without losing the essence of the wood itself. Moreover, this type of material is much easier to work with, and this is where Hans demonstrates his carpenter’s talent.
Where can it be purchased?
Of course, the Internet is a tool that offers multiple possibilities for buying decorative products. In this case, the CH20 chair can be purchased on different websites, like Amazon, Desing Furniture, Naharro, etc.
However, it is also possible to find it in specialized shops, but it could be less common, since it is considered a unique piece in which the creativity of the author is reflected.
For this reason, it is more convenient to buy it online and have it shipped to you at home. This is the simplest and most convenient procedure to receive the product.
The decorative styles in which the CH20 chair fits best
Hans J. Wegner’s creations are the essence of the Scandinavian style. The CH20 chair is the faithful reflection of this type of interior design, so stylized and defined. Furthermore, the personality of the author is reflected in it.
Therefore, this chair adapts perfectly to the minimalist style, to avant-garde and contemporary styles; that is all those more modern styles in which the keyword is innovation.